Tuesday 25 March 2014

Stir fried green beans


This dish is quick, easy and so so tasty.  Even my two year old grand daughter will finish a full bowl whenever given to her.  I like my green beans with a bit of crunch to it, not soggy and soft so adapt the below cooking time to your personal preference. I also like a bit of a kick to my beans so I add a chilli with the garlic in the first step but that is purely optional.  Another way to serve this side dish is to garnish it with chilli at the end... It's all up to you!
________________________________________________________
Ingredients
- 400g green beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 20g rice bran oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste

Method
- Chop garlic clove on speed 5 for 2 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes on Caroma temperature, speed 2 without the MC 
- Add beans, salt, pepper and oyster sauce and 'stir fry' for 7 minutes on 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.5 with the MC back on

Serve with steamed rice and fish

2 comments:

I made it for TEA tonight.
Everyone loved it.
Thanks Tina!

I'm so glad everyone loved it! It's definitely a staple in our household!

Post a Comment