Wednesday 25 June 2014

My bread recipe


There's nothing quite like homemade bread fresh from the oven.  The smell, the taste - it really is perfection!  About a month ago, I posted a picture of the two types of breads I make for our household on my facebook page.  I was immediately asked to share my recipes and so here they are!  It's actually the same recipe but one has seeds while the other one doesn't.  My beautiful but fussy 9 year old daughter refuses to eat seeds to I omit them from her loaf.  I also cook hers in a sandwich tin so her sandwiches fit nicely in her school lunchbox.  For everyone else, we just have ours in a normal bread tin.  I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as my family and I do!
________________________________________________________
 Ingredients
- 100g wholemeal flour*
- 450g bakers flour#
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar/honey
- 1 tsp bread improver 
- 30g olive oil
- 320g warm water
*If you have a thermomix and wheat, just grind 100g wheat on speed 10 for 30 seconds
#If you like seeds in your bread, add 100g of seeds (I usually have a mix of linseed, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower and poppy seeds) and reduce the bakers flour amount to 400g

Thermomix Method
- Place all ingredients (except seeds if using) in TM bowl and mix for 20 second on speed 7, then kneed on interval speed for 2 minutes.
- If using seeds, add them in the last 20 seconds of kneeding
- Allow dough to prove until doubled in size in either the TM bowl or breadmat.
- Place dough into a bread tin and again, let the dough double in size or until desired height
- Bake in preheated fan forced oven of 190 degrees for about 35 minutes, depending on your oven

Breadmaker Method
- Follow instructions as per your breadmaker. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment