Tuesday 3 June 2014

Tina's chilli sauce


Now that it is chilli season,  my tree is bursting at the seams plus my mother and daughter often give me some of their chillies.  That's where my chilli sauce has come in handy.  I love my chilli and so I often eat my meals with Sambal's delicious sauce but when I have my sauce in the fridge, I much prefer my one!  The apple in this sauce provides a natural sweetness and thus only a little sugar is needed.  Also, there is no vinegar in my version, something I don't like in chilli sauces.  Don't be afraid of the entire garlic bulb... I promise you won't taste it!  This sauce is a little hot (depending on what type of chillies you use) so be prepared for your house smelling like chillies when you do make this!
___________________________________________________
Ingredients
- 300g chillies (I use bird's eye chillies but any type will do)
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 green apple
- 50g sugar 
- 30g gluten free fish sauce

Method
- Blend all the ingredients on speed 8 for 8 seconds
- Cook sauce for 20 minutes, 100 degrees speed 1.5
- Pour into a 600g sterilized jar.  Allow to cool before storing in the fridge.

Note: The sauce will last up to a month in a sterilized jar if a clean spoon is used when added to dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment